Koch Specialty Plant Services, Inc. (KSPS) is a world leader for providing tower, vessel, and mass transfer equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS' industry leading position as a specialty tower, vessel and mass transfer internals service provider has been solidified in the market place because, quite simply, ''We do what we say we can do''.
There are many ways to define value. For KSPS, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Unlike anyone else, KSPS has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique Market-Based Management business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition in the industry.
Koch Specialty Plant Services LLC is seeking a Construction Manager to work at our client’s facility in Longview, TX.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The construction manager will be required to manage execution of capital turnaround projects.
- Define a clear scope of work and optimized schedule for pre-turnaround and turnaround construction, coordinating construction with daily scheduling, operations, and maintenance.
- Responsible for critical path schedule development and schedule analysis.
- Coordinate construction through the various contracting groups, ensuring quality execution, tracking and controlling costs.
- Resource planning for craft and indirect labor.
- Develop labor and subcontractor plan and strategy.
- Verify and control deliveries of equipment and materials to the construction schedule.
- Required to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings, articulate for construction and be able to utilize computerized scheduling and planning tools.
- Walkdown the jobsite to ensure completeness.
- Assist with development of project estimates and costs for labor and cost, and manpower peaks and resource curves.
- Interface between client and general contractor to ensure that project is running smoothly and on schedule.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work extended hours during project execution.
- Ability to climb stairs and/or ladders.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 15+ years' experience as a Construction Manager working projects >$10MM
- 10+ years' experience in refinery, petroleum chemical or chemical complexes
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Experience scheduling with Primavera
- Experience with CII (Construction Industry Institute) best practices
- Travel up to 50% and work at other site locations throughout the U.S.
What will put you ahead?
- A four-year degree in Construction Management
- PMP Certification or other Construction professional certifications
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf>