Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company, is building solutions to service the expanding needs of liquid injectable drugs for global biopharmaceutical companies. Autoinjectors are a cornerstone of this growing market, both within the broad industry and within our own growth plans. We seek a strong, experienced business leader to drive our growth and offerings within the autoinjector market. The ideal candidate will bring a deep understanding of autoinjector devices and related technologies, combined with strong market knowledge of both customers and competitors. You will lead our commercial offering, driving investments and building our pipeline to achieve the desired business outcome, working with our existing R&D organization and sales & marketing functions. This is a global role. Our preference is to locate the role in either our Cambridge or Copenhagen offices, though we can accommodate other locations for the right candidate.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead ongoing autoinjector programs to deliver commercial success, working across R&D, Sales & Marketing, Legal and Finance
- Develop customer project proposals, including pricing and contractual considerations
- Be ‘the face’ of autoinjectors for Phillips-Medisize in the market
- Define future product opportunities, testing these in the market to identify strong business candidates
- Manage product specifications and lifecycle extensions to ensure alignment with current and evolving market needs
- Carryout ongoing evaluation of the market, identifying trends, competitor landscape and potential gaps that could be exploited
- Prepare budgets to support current programs and future opportunities, building investment cases to present to executive management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- University degree in Engineering, Sciences, Business or equivalent
- Either expertise in drug delivery device technologies or previous product management success of a medical device; ideally both
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Self-sufficiency and leadership are pre-requisites to success; you will be expected to lead this business with only ‘light touch’ support
- Existing knowledge and broad network within the drug delivery, biopharma industry
- Global role with regular travel to Europe, US and Asia (approx. 30%)
- Customer focus and ability to build relationships with customers from multiple countries and geographies.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Demonstrable success in leading innovation, sales and/or commercialization of a drug delivery device
- Deep technical and market expertise with autoinjectors
- Knowledge of any additional language will be valued
- Experience with IP management and/or commercial contracts
- Finance or business management experience.