Senior Product Development Engineer
Koch Separation Solutions is seeking a Senior Product Development Engineer to join their Wilmington, MA team!
The role will take concepts for new and improved filtration devices and manage the design and development, from prototype phase through manufacturing introduction. The ideal candidate will be innovative, technically strong, and experienced with bringing new products to market by orchestrating the work of specialized cross-functional teams.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the creation and completion of new cartridge and module designs, integrating standard or developmental ultrafiltration membranes with engineered plastics, elastomers, and adhesives for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical/bioseparation markets.
- Apply project management skills to estimate and control schedules, budgets, and product costs.
- Perform engineering calculations to support designs, including manual and computer-aided stress analysis.
- Partner with designers in developing the detailed structural design of products using 3D CAD software and generating concept, fabrication, assembly, and layout drawings.
- Specify custom-designed and off-the-shelf product components that conform to engineering design and performance requirements.
- Guide mechanical engineers and technicians to complete supporting tasks.
- Coordinate in-house and field validation testing with Product Management and Process Engineering groups.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering to develop prototype and production-scale manufacturing equipment and procedures, and complete product releases per ISO 9000 requirements.
- Take full advantage of our strong R&D, Product Management, Process Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Purchasing teams to accelerate new product introductions and help meet performance and quality requirements.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of product design and development experience, preferably in the food, beverage or pharma industries.
- 5+ years experience with design and manufacture of injection-molded and extruded parts and assemblies
- 3+ years independently managing product development projects
- Working knowledge of engineering materials (metals, thermoplastics, and adhesives)
- Experience utilizing 3D CAD software for part modeling, assemblies, and drawings
- Solid understanding of structural, kinematic, and dynamic stress analysis, including ability to use FEA software and interpreting results
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with designing and developing membrane filtration devices, metal or plastic pressure vessels, and related components
- Experience with fluid handling systems
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD software and PDM
- Experience with DOE, DFM, and FMEA
- Experience working within the Stage Gate Product Development Process
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf