This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is recruiting for an Engineering Manager to join our Alabama River Cellulose team in Perdue Hill, AL. The Engineering Manager will lead the Engineering team while championing excellence and innovation in the execution of the Project Work Process to drive value creation. The successful candidate will proactively and deliberately utilize Market Based Management® principles to deliver competitively advantageous results.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and maintain a capable, flexible, incentivized and productive engineering team
- Serve as a technical resource for projects capable of delivering high quality results
- Utilize the Decision-Making Framework process by insuring that potential alternatives to the proposed solution are considered
- Develop well-defined project scopes/estimates, oversight of construction activities, and facilitation of project documentation
- Develop and manage the annual and multi-year site capital plans
- Manage the internal and external project challenge review process
- Ensure adherence to the mill engineering department documentation procedures
- Implement Contractor Safety Management Standard; Install equipment that meets OSHA and GP Standards
- Work with Procurement to recommend, select, and contract with outside engineering and construction firms to assist as needed in project execution
- Driving streamlined and responsible project execution
- Establishing and delivering meaningful measures for group members and management
- Build and promote healthy relationships with corporate resources and other GP sites
- Effectively work and communicate in a team environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree
- Supervisory experience with responsibility for direct reports
- Five (5) or more years of experience with managing project execution
- Maintenance and/or Reliability experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher Engineering or Pulp and Paper Science
- Experience in a pulp and paper manufacturing facility
- Experience leading other project and/or construction managers
As one of six world-class mills in the GP Cellulose business, Alabama River Cellulose produces specialty fluff and market pulp delivered worldwide to customers for a variety of high-end uses and converting technologies. Our products are used in applications ranging from paper products to diapers and hygiene products as well as specialty applications including textiles, pharmaceuticals, food, paints, and plastic molding components.
Our Alabama River Cellulose mill is situated in the Perdue Hill, AL area less than 15 miles from Monroeville, AL and less than 100 miles north of Mobile and Pensacola offering the charm of small-city living, limitless recreational opportunities, and close proximity to the beautiful Alabama and Florida Gulf beaches. The area also offers many events throughout the year, such as festivals, live theatre and Alabama’s Best Casino & Resort, Wind Creek Atmore.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.