KSPS is seeking a Project Engineer to provide mechanical engineering support for projects ranging from minor pressure vessel repairs to major revamps. Daily tasks include scope definition/refinement, preparation of vessel calculations, preparation of drawings, coordination of material procurement, specification of welding procedures, and preparation of inspection plans. The Project Engineer will be required to interface with construction supervision, project management, clients, and other project groups. The position requires a motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC (KSPS) is a known world leader for providing tower, vessel, and mass transfer equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. With recent additions, KSPS is now the leading installation and construction service provider for John Zink Hamworthy Combustion equipment and specialty welding and piping as well. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance, and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS's industry leading position has been solidified in the marketplace because, quite simply, ''We do what we say we can do''.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide support on projects involving maintenance, repair, installation, and revamp of distillation towers, reactors, vessels, drums, heat exchangers, combustion equipment, and piping.
- Perform pressure vessel design to meet the requirements of ASME Section VIII, customer specifications, and other relevant API and industry standards.
- Ensure designs/packages are completed accurately in a timely manner per assigned schedules.
- Complete engineering packages to meet all project requirements.
- Work proactively with other departments including Quality Control, Field Superintendents, Project Management, Sales, Estimating, and EH&S.
- Provide all relevant information as required including calculations, drawings, inspection test plans, weld procedures, welder certifications, and material traceability documents.
- Review NDE and PWHT procedures to ensure compliance with applicable codes and QC manual.
- Provide technical assistance to all groups within KSPS and other KES companies.
- Provide unique engineered solutions to enable successful completion of field projects.
- Provide construction engineering support pertaining to rigging, lifting, and other construction related activities.
- Develop material cost estimates.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience related to process plant fixed equipment
- Knowledge of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes
- Experience with pressure vessel design and fabrication
- Knowledge of nondestructive examination methods
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Inventor
What Will Put You Ahead
- FE Exam (EIT) or PE License
- Experience with vessel engineering software (Compress)
- Experience with Mathcad and other related software
- Experience working with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Lifting/Rigging engineering experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf