Site Quality Engineer
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Canada's Nylon manufacturing site located in Kingston, Ontario – INVISTA – is looking for a Quality Engineer to support ongoing continuous improvement quality opportunities across the site. Through the execution of a quality portfolio, the role will advance site quality capabilities consistent with INVISTA’s risk profile with a focus on vision development and maintaining quality documentation standards in partnership with operations teams to build core tool capability.
The role of the Quality Engineer is to support/ lead plant quality improvements to improve, promote and sustain the Quality Management Systems. They will provide expertise and leadership to drive continuous improvement. The selected individual will be hardworking with solid quality skills and a strong working knowledge of the ISO 9001:2015 standards. This individual will work cross-functionally to drive strategic quality initiatives throughout the organization.
A successful candidate in this role will be a principled entrepreneur, someone who performs well with limited oversight, and is comfortable with the challenge process.
What will you do in your role.
- Develop and implement a vision for quality core tools in service of continuous improvement and integration into day to day operations (APQP/SPC/MSA).
- Introduce appropriate SPC tools/methodology and ensure that SPC measures are effectively implemented.
- Implement Quality tools in all aspects of organization eg: PFMEA, Control Plans, Gauge R&R, advanced problem solving, 6 Sigma
- Review and transform existing quality standards and control systems with recommendations for corrective actions. Work with leadership to implement new measures
- Compliance with the ISO 9001:2015 standard. This will include addressing gaps in process procedures and facilitating the development of appropriate metrics for quality processes.
- Anticipate future registration requirements based on evolving business needs and maintain updated quality documentation standards across the site.
- Own site product safety representation as well as lead and participate in internal/external audits.
- Own customer PPAP and supplier integration in conjunction with quality team and operations line
- Integrate with other INVISTA sites and KOCH partners to enable effective networking aimed at sharing insights and practices to leverage and improve.
The experience you will bring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical field is preferred.
- Manufacturing experience and demonstrated leadership in operations
- Experience working in or with quality engineering teams.
- Demonstrated application of problem-solving methodology (root cause, 5-why) and core tool application.
- Effective communication in team meetings, activity coordination, program updates, and leadership engagement.
- Willing and able to internationally travel.
- Candidates must have physical condition and health compatible with duties of this role.
What will put you ahead.
- Ability to analyze large data sets to generate knowledge systems that present actionable information.
- Proven track record of building and leading an organization with urgency and a “win-win” mutual benefit mentality
- Leadership experience including Supervision or Program/Project leadership.
- Quality core tool training certification (6 Sigma, FMEA, MSA, SPC, APQP, PPAP)