Software Release Manager
KBX Technology Solutions is seeking a Software Release Manager to join our fast pace and growing software team. The Software Release Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of a release management strategy/journey, including milestones, that will complement our existing infrastructure. This role will be responsible for identifying improvement areas and assisting in empowering the product teams to incorporate a release process that will deliver an automated, reliable, and speedy software delivery lifecycle to ultimately enhance business outcomes. In addition, the Software Release Manager will have the unique opportunity to interact and present to all levels of the organization and create superior value for our customers with on-time delivery of high-quality software.
KBX Technology Solutions provides logistics solutions for its customers through innovative technology that help deliver actionable intelligence, eliminate waste and redundancies, and create greater operational efficiencies in the marketplace. KBX Technology Solutions is a subsidiary of KBX – a Koch Industries Inc. company – and complements all KBX subsidiaries (Rail, Logistics, and International) to drive enhanced data and analytics across the global supply chain for customers. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries is one of the largest private companies in America, with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. For more information on KBX, visit www.KBX.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working with Product Owners to forward plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Managing risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Measuring and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Communicating all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Conducting Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Creating Release Reporting
- Working with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Developing scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Researching new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
A successful candidate will have
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Project management skills with knowledge of presentation
- Problem-solving and analytics skills
- Team and time management skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of previous release and/or project management experience
- 8+ years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Experience with V lookups in MS Excel and Gant Chart creation
- Experience in the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
What Will Put You Ahead
- Formal training in project management practices
- Understanding of project management principles
- Experience serving as an indirect influencer of Product Teams
- Experience in the Transportation/Logistics/Shipping Industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf