The Business Intelligence (BI) Report Developer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of mission-critical enterprise BI reports, documents or dashboards.
Working with Business Analyst and the Data warehouse team, the BI Developer will participate to gather and document reporting requirements to meet business needs.
Using BI report development skills and experience, the BI Report Developer will then use those
requirements to design, develop, test and implement reports and dashboards that utilize the underlying data store(s)/ data warehouse(s) / data mart(s).The scope of this role is Global Guardian Industries position. Guardian Industries, a global company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, employs around 17,000 people and operates facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian’s diverse group of companies are involved in the manufacture of high-performance float, coated and fabricated glass products; and the manufacture of high-quality chrome-plated and painted plastic components for the automotive and commercial truck industries. Guardian’s vision is to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc.
Koch Technology Center (KTC) is being developed in India to extend Koch’s IT operations, as well as act as a hub for innovation in the IT function. As KTC rapidly scales up its operations in India, it’s employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. This role will have the opportunity to join on the ground floor and will play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Technology Center (KTC) over the next several years. Working closely with regional and global colleagues would provide significant global exposure to the employees
A Day In The Life Could Include:
- Participate with business analyst activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Provide training and assistance to users for generation of adhoc reports.
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes Monitor database performance, optimization, automate regular processes.
Controlling access permissions and privileges
What You Will Need To Bring With You:
(experience & education required)
- 4+ years’ experience developing and implementing enterprise-scale reports and dashboards.
- Proficiency with MS Power BI – 3+ Yrs.
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional).
- Understanding of structured query language (SQL¸Have an IT Degree / Diploma.
What Will Put You Ahead:
(experience & education preferred)
- Fluent in English.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities, Webfocus and/or SSRS experience is nice to have.