Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Georgia-Pacific is currently recruiting for a Senior Structural/Civil Engineer for its Building Products division. The role will be based in Atlanta, GA
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support project teams in the development and implementation of projects using the Georgia-Pacific Capital Project Work Processes
- Provide engineering expertise to define scope of work, develop cost/ material estimate(s), design, and execute projects that lead to improved safety, quality, cost, and efficiency
- Provide material take-offs/bill of materials to be used for estimating and scheduling purposes.
- Perform calculations and produce foundation, structural, building, and civil drawings to support the construction of plant facilities
- Design and analyze steel structures based on project needs
- Design and analyze concrete foundations based on load information supplied by OEM suppliers
- Prepare/supervise the development of contract documents as required to include drawings and specifications
- Coordinate and interface with Project Managers, Plant Personnel, and third parties as necessary.
- Provide detailed analysis for technically challenging designs
- Perform stress analysis and load evaluations of components
- Perform design and evaluation of piping and/or equipment supports
- Use economic thinking when evaluating equipment, vendors, and contractors
- Provide expert advice relating to Civil Engineering matters
- Participate in the Root Cause Analysis of major civil engineering problems
- Manage the structural engineering team in Bangalore
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, focusing on structural engineering including concrete, steel, structural rotating elements design, and Geotech
- Willing and able to travel up to 40%, sometimes with little advanced notice
- Knowledge and application of building codes and standards, including ANSI, ASCE, ACI, AISC, IBC
- AutoCAD – minimum experience of taking measurements, drawing, mark-ups, notes/annotations
- Ability to produce structural steel designs and foundation designs using 3D analytical software such as, but not limited to, RAM
- Proven experience directly managing a team of engineers – organizing work requests, establishing deadlines
- Proven experience in simplifying complex engineering guidance into simpler terms for non-structural engineers
- Experience working with and through cross functional teams consisting of engineers, operators, maintenance personnel, and business leaders.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf