Technical Solution Engineer-Analytics
Sentient Energy is looking for a full-time Technical Solution Engineer-Analytics to join our team. This is a remote opportunity reporting to the Technical Solutions Manager-Analytics.
The Technical Solutions Engineer-Analytics will be tasked with supporting existing and potential North American electric utilities with expertise relating to the integration of new analytics software applications with electric distribution utilities. This position plays the lead role as a trusted software advisor to the client, while supporting Sentient Energy’s ownership of the Smart Grid marketplace. The role is also responsible for establishing relationships at multiple levels of IT and Cybersecurity within assigned customers/engagements, providing support and advice on how Sentient Energy products, solutions and services can accelerate meeting their business and operating objectives. The Technical Solutions Engineer will coordinate account activities with the Sentient Energy Sales, Customer Success, Delivery, and Product Management organizations to maximize value to the customer.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leverage expertise and any industry relationships to support delivery of new account logos, bookings, and revenue with North American electric utility accounts
- Help manage complex, multi-tiered relationships at Investor-Owned Utility sales cycles while helping orchestrate cross-functional internal teams
- Advise clients on Sentient Energy value propositions, demonstrating potential and realized benefits of products and services
- Advise clients on software application and IT architecture best practices
- Introduce effective methods of change management to the electric utility to accelerate reliability goals and adoption Sentient Energy’s solutions
- In concert with our Sales, Technical Sales, and Customer Success teams, partner with utilities to consultatively define, scope and sell Sentient Energy solutions to drive customer defined value
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success teams on developing and maintaining strategic plans for account trajectory and client communications
- Maintain alignment of account opportunities with Sentient Energy’s defined selling processes
- Develop a knowledge leadership/influencer position within the Grid Modernization space of the electric utility industry
- Foster a collaborative working environment internally and externally with respective teams to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions to land and expand strategic accounts
- Ensure that account/program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the company and the customer
- Show a willingness to adopt and improve bestselling practices and have a penchant for creativity and innovation to solve problems, respectfully challenging norms for the sake of progress
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience consultatively or promoting technology with machine learning and cloud hosted software applications in the Industrial marketplace
- Experience with enabling and accelerating change management processes within large organizations
- Experience effectively partnering with VP- and C-suite levels of large organizations
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of sales experience or customer facing experience
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, as health and safety permits
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Smart Grid hardware and software solutions
- Experience with utility ADMS/SCADA systems
- Hands-on experience with electric distribution systems, including electric power systems, distribution automation, and distributed control systems and telecommunications
- Experience with utility reliability metrics and use cases for positioning value propositions
- Experience understanding how actionable data/metrics can drive realization of value for both Sentient Energy and our clients (ex: having a “data driven point of view”)
- Experience with stakeholder/relationship management across multiple parties and departments within and outside of the company
- Experience with machine learning applications in emerging markets
This position is not eligible for VISA Sponsorship
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $125,000 - $150,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf