Principal Optical Engineer - Optical Solutions
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Our team is dedicated to continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation. We provide cutting edge technology with a comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software integration capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
We serve large, global clients in telecom and datacom industries in providing next generation optical modules to support the growing need for data and communications.
We are looking for a Principal Optical Engineer to contribute to new product development including Cisco JDM (Cisco Unified Communications Manager) and multimode product platforms.
What you will do in your role.
- Responsible for optical design of high speed fiber optics transceiver or sub-assembly for enterprise, wireless or data center application
- Lead optical design and simulation with micro-optics, laser, PD and/or other optoelectronics components
- Interact with suppliers for key component selection
- Conduct optical tolerance analysis and provide guideline for optical process development
- Develop and execute design verification tests
- Troubleshoot optics, opto-mechanical, opto-electrical sub-assembly and/or final product
- Support RFI/RFQ specification review, negotiation, and design wins
- Work closely with geographic diverse team including hardware, mechanical, process, testing and manufacturing to ensure successful phase gate transitions
- Coach and guide other engineers
The experience you will bring.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Optical related disciplines
- Experience with high-speed optical sub-assembly or transceiver optical design
- Experience with capability in single-mode and/or multimode fiber optics assemblies and components
- Experience with broad experience across Optoelectrical key components
- Experience with material and optical alignment process
- Experience with optical design and simulation tools such as Zemax and Matlab
- Hands-on experiences in lab setup and measurement
What will put you ahead:
- Masters in Mechanical or Optical Engineering
- Experience with multimode fiber optics
- Experience in technical leadership roles
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com