Mill Operations Manager
***This position has a $20,000 Sign On Bonus & Relocation Assistance***
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is searching for an Operations Manager for our paper mill located in Toledo, Oregon. This position will be responsible for managing a department of over 200 employees (salaried and hourly) including many of whom work a twelve-hour shift rotation. This leader will have a general understanding of the mill and will be accountable for the production results that are impacted by their team’s performance and capability.
This position is an opportunity to be part of a stable, transforming organization that offers a tremendous amount of growth potential. The successful candidate will have leadership responsibility for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of Paper Machine, Pulping, Recovery and Utility Operations. This position provides leadership and strategic direction to the facility through the application of our Market Based Management (MBM®) Philosophy.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the department to achieve a safety and environmental incident free workplace identifying critical hazards and mitigating the risk based on criticality
- Manage and direct the work process for five large paper machines
- Provide leadership consistent with our Market Based Management® guiding principles to facilitate the development of the knowledge and skills of self, salaried, and hourly employees to improve operational performance of the department and facility
- Understand, communicate, and align goals in the area of safety, quality, production, and reliability
- Continuously evaluate and identify constraints to eliminate quality and production bottlenecks and lead plans to improve current capability and reduce waste to improve our relative competitive position
- Optimize and coordinate planning for scheduled shutdowns, operator training, and maintenance and capital projects
- Provide daily support and technical expertise to area operators and maintenance personnel
- Work closely with stake holders to apply reliability principles and prioritize resources and process optimization
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 5 or more years of experience working within the pulp and paper industry
- 7 or more years of leadership experience with responsibility for direct reports within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Pulp and Paper Science
- 5 or more years of leadership experience within a pulp & paper manufacturing operation
- Experience with paper machine operations, including knowledge of the paper mill processes, equipment operation, and effective interface with maintenance
- Experience with process optimization analysis and implementation
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com