IT Associate Full-time
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible and economically sound. Georgia-Pacific is an independently managed and operated company of Koch Industries, Inc., a private company headquartered in Wichita, Kansas.
What is the opportunity?
The IT Associate (process control) will be focused on learning the Process Controls field to support innovation, process efficiency, equipment reliability, and more with an overarching focus on compliance & safety.
Engineers in this role are challenged with real, high-impact opportunities to create value and make a difference in our operations and business. You will have the opportunity to work in the areas of Cyber Security, OT (Process Control Networks) and various Engineering projects. Specific job duties/responsibilities are dependent on a variety of facors. More details will be provided during the selection process.
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
A strong performer in this role will effectively apply our culture and MBM® philosophy to:
• Drive Operational Excellence with strong focus on Safety and Value Creation
• Share knowledge about standards and best practices with other manufacturing facilities
• Identify improvement opportunities and system enhancements
• Achieve superior results through the innovative application of technology
• Work independently and as part of a larger team
• Interface between analytics, engineering, and operations resources
• Stay informed with data challenges and required mitigations
• Coordinate efforts with various corporate data governance resources to Understand data requirements for analytical projects and remote site monitoring
• Research, selection, and installation coordination of instrumentation to close data gaps
• Develop foundational process controls capabilities to include but not limited to:
• PLC Programming
• SCADA/HMI Development
• Instrumentation selection, calibration, and support
• OPC server and other data communication protocols
• Approx. 25% travel will be required to manufacturing sites
Do you have what it takes?
• Currently possess a Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology by Summer 2021
• Experience with academic engineering projects OR completion of an engineering internship/co-op
• 0-3+ years of professional, relevant experience in a similar role
• Experience supporting a manufacturing environment
• High level understanding of IT technology (I.E.- Firewalls, Server OS’s, Client OS’s, networking, patching, anti-virus)
• Experience working in a consultative and cooperative manner with multiple stakeholders, corporate engineering, site process control engineers, and IT resources
• Degrees preferred include: Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Cyber Engineering
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience
Remote work capabilities enable very flexible home-based location options only requiring to be within an hour of a major airport.
This role may be open to remote candidates residing in the U.S. except within the state of Colorado.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf