KBX Logistics is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team! The role will be part of a team of engineers that are responsible for enhancing existing applications and for building applications using modern microservices architecture techniques.Responsibilities include implementing solutions that are secure, support best practices, embrace CI/CD, and scalable.We are seeking an individual that possesses strong collaboration within the immediate IT team as well as the business teams within KBX Logistics.
- Work independently, or within the construct of a product team, to understand customer and business requirements to deliver creative solutions which meet or exceed those business needs.
- Execution of this role will involve both the deployment of standardized product offerings and the creation of new solutions and services as required to meet customer needs.
- Maintain awareness of emerging cloud-based industry trends and technologies which may create value.
- Produce documentation to support solutions that you have developed in order to aid in support of the solution.
- Developing a full stack microservice solution(s) including API’s, queue processing, and database interaction.
- Performing analysis and development of backend processing and Web-based front-end applications.
- Working with a team of engineers and analysts through discovery, delivery, and support of new platforms that are focused on the transformation of our transportation management systems
- Ensuring delivery of technical solutions that meet the business outcomes, consistent with software development standards and best practices for a service-oriented architecture
- Develop, test, document and deploy solutions based on requirements.
- Web services/api development
- Website Development
- General Queuing Technologies (RabbitMQ\Apache-Kafka) experience\principles
- Docker Experience
What You Will Need to Bring with You:
(experience & education required)
·At least 4-7 years of experience as a programmer/analyst, developing and supporting applications.
·Understanding of different architecture methodologies (Monolithic vs. Microservices)
·Previous hands-on code development experience in full stack applications
oWindows Operating System (1+ Years)
oVisual Studio 2017+ (1+ Years)
•Or Visual Studio Code
oTFS/VSTS/Azure Devops, CI/CD (1+ Years)
•TFVC & Git repository formats
•Creating & working with Work Items
oSQL Server Management Studio (1+ years)
oFiddler, SoapUI, Postman or equivalent tool (1+ years)
o.NET Technologies, (4+ Years)
oC# .NET (3+ Years)
oMS T-SQL Language (2+ Years)
oEntity Framework & Linq (1+ Years)
oDependency Injection (DI) (6+ months)
oDocument DB (6+ months)
oUnit testing frameworks (6+ months)
oREST and SOAP protocols
oXML and JSON formats
·NuGet Packages (6+ months)
oASP.NET API (2+ Years)
oASP.NET MVC (2+ Years)
oAngular Version 2+
•NgRx Store (Redux pattern)
What Will Put You Ahead:
(experience & education preferred)
·Degree in Computer Science/MIS, Engineering, or equivalent
·Cloud Computing; necessary for Gen2
oContainerization and Virtualization
oInfrastructure as Code (Helm Charts, YAML, CloudFormation, or similar tools)
oAWS technology stack
§EC2 Instances & Volumes, S3 Buckets, IAM Policies
·.NET Core 3.1 or .NET 5