Senior Project Engineer
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies – Senior Project Engineer
Genesis has a unique new opportunity for a senior level Project Engineer looking to contribute to a truly unique business environment. You will help us build a world-class design and manufacturing operation, producing industry disruptive robotic motion technologies. The ideal candidate will have a creative approach to problem solving and can help guide us as we commercialize our inventive core actuation (direct drive electric motors, gears, combined actuators) technologies.
You will be pivotal in leading the technical development of new products as we scale and mature our rapidly growing portfolio. Reporting to the Project Engineering Team Lead, you will be the primary technical project representative leading the Design and Simulation teams and collaborating cross functionally with Program Management, Operations, and other functions within the company to ensure success of NPI projects from Concept to Production.
You will collaborate with high-caliber product development and manufacturing professionals including a talented array of engineers from multiple disciplines, working to introduce and prototype new product designs, and provide support for manufacturing process development.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the technical team assigned to NPI projects to ensure successful execution from concept to production.
- Work in close collaboration with the design team to understand project requirements, develop concepts, and mature the design through to production.
- Guide design decisions to meet requirements while reducing risk and balancing the complex optimization for performance, manufacturability, cost, and schedule.
- Lead and coordinate prototype hardware and processes applicable to NPI projects to verify and validate the designs.
- Lead the creation of drawing packages and supporting product documentation.
- Manage deliverables/documents associated with the NPI, MRL (manufacturing readiness level) assessments, and process development.
- Work in close collaboration with manufacturing and quality engineering groups to ensure the design reflects cross functional feedback.
- Demonstrate and enhance the company’s key Guiding Principles of Humility, Self-Actualization, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Respect, Knowledge, Integrity, and Stewardship & Compliance.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing or R&D environment. Leadership experience working with technical teams.
- Experienced working in a New Product Introduction process.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a strong mechanical or electromechanical background.
- Strong design background and experience with engineering drawings including GD&T.
- Skilled with Solidworks and familiarity with Solidworks PDM.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders and functions.
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset, willingness to go above and beyond to ensure project and team success.
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and take charge of complex situations while making clear, concise, and timely decisions that will be critical to project success.
- Experience with manufacturing of precision components, with strong understanding of tolerances and typical manufacturing and measurement processes.
- Experience in the development of rotating machines.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Strong hands-on ability and experience in a prototyping shop environment.
- Experience with testing and execution of V&V activities for prototype hardware.
- PMP qualification or relevant project management experience.
- Risk assessment and mitigation experience (DFMEA).
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg