Remote Data Architect Lead
We are seeking a Data Architect to join our Data Management and Enablement capability. We love passionate, forward thinking individuals who are driven to innovate. You will have the opportunity to engage with Business Analysts, Analytics Consultants, and internal customers to implement ideas, optimize existing products, and create high performance, web-based analytics products using powerful, contemporary cloud services. This opportunity engages diverse types of business applications and data sets at a rapid pace, and our ideal candidate gets excited when they are faced with a challenge.
We serve more than 120,000 Koch employees worldwide and partner with 13 Koch companies from a diverse number of industries; from making fabric to manufacturing cell phone components. Since 2003 we have invested over $80 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures and are proud to reinvest more than 90% of our earnings back into our companies.
Position can work remote with quarterly travel to Wichita or Atlanta.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with product managers and clients to understand the business opportunity and shape a meaningful approach
- Collaborate with enterprise architects and peer data architects to align with and challenge enterprise best practices
- Knowledge share/advise on enterprise level best practices for system and data integrations with key decision makers
- Collaborate with program manager and SMEs/stakeholders to capture/relay meaningful requirements and system integrations; present resulting products to stakeholders; lead knowledge transfer
- Work with SMEs to determine relevant data elements and analyze for process flow consistency
- Develop logical data models in accordance with business requirements, aligning to conceptual models
- Work with data engineers and/or data analysts to procure data and analyze for data quality and distribution; ensure key elements are harmonized and prepared for effective relational data structures
- Catalog data elements in coordination with analysts, process SMEs and data engineers
- Recommend new technologies and applications to improve existing data products, optimize costs, and reduce development time
- Advise and steward implementation of DataOps best practices
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years experience designing, implementing, delivering, and managing end-to-end data infrastructure solutions; at least 3 years contemporary, hands-on experience specific to cloud-native, automated data lakes
- Experience creating data models that consume from finance and accounting sources with understanding of the financial data lifecycle in standard ERP implementations
- Demonstrated knowledge with: S3, Snowflake, Data Virtualization Platforms, Data Lifecycle Development with ETL/ELT tools, Data Model Creation with collaborative modeling tools
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or relevant work experience in finance data architecture
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience leveraging contemporary MDM and data quality tools and processes
- Experience using Matillion with Snowflake
- API configuration/integration expertise
- Understanding of common DevOps and CICD processes and methodologies
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Experience with distributed computing ecosystems (Hadoop, Spark, etc.), Docker / Kubernetes, Lake Formation, Denodo, AtScale, Graph Database Technology (Neo4j)
- Expertise in tuning and cost-optimizing dynamic performance requirements
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com