Georgia-Pacific is seeking a NIGHT PLYWOOD PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT for our Plywood Mill in Gurdon, AR. This position will be responsible for leading a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a manufacturing environment consistent with MBM® management philosophy and framework. They will support an approach to optimize the constraining process and machine centers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facilitate the development and growth of a large team, regularly reviewing and managing performance. Your team will be comprised of up to 8 indirect reports, in both salaried and hourly roles.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining the safety culture on night shift teams on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, coordinating and monitoring the quality of team members’ work and providing them clear direction
- Fully utilize Work Process to develop job plans, track work completion, and promote effective preventive and predictive maintenance
- Build employee commitment and ownership, holding employees accountable for work and career development
- Analyze detailed data, planning for immediate needs as well as second- and third-order effects
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively identify hazards and implement the appropriate mitigating strategies based on the risk involved
- Working with supervisors and performance coach to onboard and retain new employees on a consistent basis throughout the mill.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the mill on a consistent basis including but not limited to GV, DV, PA (Pile Assembly/Glue Line), and the F&S (Finishing and Shipping).
Please Note: This position is a night shift role with working hours of 6PM to 6AM including week-end work
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least three (3) or more years of supervisory or management experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Experience in leading a department or organization in EH&S, Reliability, Production, Cost and Quality Excellence
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Word, Excel, and the ability to learn various PC-based production and operations applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical engineering
- Supervisory experience in dry end operations, green end operations, planning, and shipping
- Experience working with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) such as SAP, MP2, ActivePlant
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf