Flint Hills Resources Polypropylene Plant in Longview, TX is hiring for a Project Engineer. This position will lead cross-functional project teams to efficiently implement capital improvements to meet specific business objectives. This position is accountable for project planning, design development, and execution, including creation of schedules, cost estimates, and scope of work. Projects generally range in size from $50K to $500K. We are looking for someone who can manage small capital projects in various phases in a timely and safe manner, anticipate and challenge situations, solve problems, remove roadblocks, and make sound recommendations. The culture at this site is one of integrity and humility, where innovation and creativity are encouraged and expected.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Own and facilitate the engineering work order process
- Obtain and manage necessary resources and materials for executing projects from conception to start up to closeout
- Own the development of project scopes, objectives, execution plans, risk management plans, and cost estimates
- Facilitate the development of the applicable project deliverables through all project phases
- Adhere to all FHR specification, Industry Standards, as well as other applicable standards in the design, and implementation of Longview projects
- Communicate capital project status to various stakeholders within the organization
- Utilizing knowledge & experience with earned decision rights to create value in a project management environment that ensures the quality and competitive performance expected by stakeholders
- Utilizing skills to recognize opportunities for value creation and innovation in the project management work processes
- Physical requirements including climbing ladders/stairs to elevated platforms
- Travel 10% as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 2-5 years work experience (internships included) involving projects in refining, chemical, or a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience and capability to lead and coordinate teams while proactively removing roadblocks
What Will Put You Ahead
- Project engineer work experience in a refinery or petrochemical environment
- 5+ years’ experience working in a Refinery, Chemical, or Polypropylene plant
- Detailed knowledge of engineering deliverables for executing construction
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf