Are you looking for a career and not just a job? Does working in a positive, team-oriented environment motivate you? If so, check out what we have to offer! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a highly motivated self-starters to be a part of our GP-Building Products (Plant roles) in McQueeney, TX as a Production Operator. This is a great opportunity to utilize and build on your skills with a growing organization! This entry level role will work a 12-hour rotating schedule. Pay for this position is $20.00 per hour.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work on a production line operating machinery to expected performance levels
- Collaborate with the team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Enter computer data to maintain accurate records of production
- Ensure that machines are set up properly and performing optimally
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to equipment as needed
- Performing various basic asset care duties and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Clean work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and pulling
- Work in industrial environment that may be hot, humid, cold, and noisy
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Work 8 and 12 hour shifts, rotating days and nights, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year of continuous work history
- At least six (6) months of experience in a manufacturing, industrial, production, farming, or distribution environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least one (1) year of experience operating a forklift or heavy equipment
- Experience identifying, analyzing and troubleshooting quality issues
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com