Georgia-Pacific is now hiring for Utility workers at our lumber mill in Pineland, Texas. These laborers perform jobs on the production floor and will learn to operate machinery, while also keeping all machines clean of saw dust and other fibers. These positions have a starting pay rate of $16/hour and offer many growth and advancement opportunities. If you are interested in learning to operate machinery in an industrial setting, while being part of a safe team environment, then this may be the role for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate in clean-up duties to ensure a clean and safe work environment
- Learn multiple operator functions within the sawmill mill to provide relief for breaks and vacations
- Perform basic asset care duties on all mechanical equipment to assist in making Southern Yellow Pine Lumber
- Complete all tasks with safety as the top priority
The Experience You Will Bring
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work twelve (12) hour rotating shifts that include weekends and holidays
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience in operating a forklift
- Experience in a manufacturing, production, warehouse, or farming environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com