Georgia-Pacific in Diboll, Texas is hiring full-time Utility workers. Successful employees in this role work collaboratively with a team to perform various manual tasks safely. General Utility Laborers are responsible for supporting the production of lumber products while ensuring quality standards are upheld. This facility manufactures multi-dimensional lumber products to meet customer needs. These entry level roles start out paying $17.00 per hour!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate a variety of equipment including forklifts, front end loaders, air lances, chainsaws, pike poles, and other mill tools
- Create a safe workspace by maintaining cleanliness in assigned areas
- Contribute to a team environment by cross-training on production equipment to fill in for other operators during absences and breaks
- Work in challenging, high-volume environments (heat, cold, humidity, grease, dust, noise, etc.)
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year or more of experience working in a farming, landscaping, carpentry, construction, warehouse, military, production, or manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work rotating shifts of up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Must be able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety PPE
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year or more of experience in the plywood, lumber, or timber industry
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience operating a front-end loader
- Experience conducting or attending safety meetings in a manufacturing environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf