Technical Program Manager Lighting & Electronics
Manages the development of Lighting and Electronic solutions with our partner companies and suppliers, ensuring the final customer and SRG Global requirements are met.
Analyzes the customer inputs and creates Product Requirements documents to transfer the system design into electronic development specifications.
Leads technical negotiations with the customer during RFQ and development phases.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Project Management of electronic and lighting projects being developed by partner companies or suppliers. Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
- Support customer RFQ proposal technical and commercial feasibility analysis
- Analyzes the customer inputs and creates Product Requirements documents to transfer the system design into electronic development specifications.
- Estimates budget and timelines for various portions of hardware development based on product requirements and project workload in order to present our value proposal to the customer.
- Leads technical negotiations with the Customer and supports the Project Team in representing the project in all engineering-related matters towards the Customer.
- Work in multidisciplinary project team, with the goal to optimize product according to the customer specifications.
- Understand lighting and electronics solutions proposed by the development teams and challenge them to get to a better solution.
- Collaborate with development partner team to define a system architecture consistent with the technical requirements.
- Verifies product design. Reviews and evaluates schematics, Fabrication Prints, Logic Flow Diagrams, Hardware/Software Architecture, Test Plans and Reports, Hardware Requirements Traceability.
- Performs bench level testing of prototypes, executes product validation tests and submits documentation for product qualification testing.
- Ability to perform Failure Mode Effects Analysis on a design, including both possible hardware and software failures.
- Utilizes electrical design and software knowledge to manage the design of electronic assemblies utilizing a combination of schematic capture and firmware development tools.
- Ability to work on different design projects in parallel.
- Strong understanding of digital and analog circuitry: biasing a transistor, various methods to drive LEDs, physically interfacing a microprocessor to other portions of a circuit, designing a switching DC to DC converter, ways to protect circuits from ESD/EMI, etc.
- Understanding of the serial communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART, USB, LIN and CAN bus.
- Ability to step through firmware code developed by our partner and document and explain the software code to others. PREFERRED: Ability to write firmware for own designs. Understanding of microcontroller architecture including how to utilize interrupts, A/Ds, PWM’s, etc.
- Provides product information, engineering samples and technical advice on assigned programs.
- Research new technologies for development of new internal products in order to stay ahead of market demands.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following: ECE, EE or CS
- 3+ years design experience
- Hardware development including schematic & firmware development.
- Experience with writing embedded software for microcontrollers.
- Experience leading lighting and electronics projects to completion on budget and on schedule.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills desired.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Dual degrees or MS degrees in engineering
- Highly Proficient both hardware and firmware/software design
- 5+ years design experience
- Experience with Software Repository software such as GIT
- Understanding of Flexible printed circuit technologies Polyimide, PE/PET, Silver traces, dielectric
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf