Project Engineer - Electrical
Join Guardian Industries as an Electrical Project Engineer where we'll rely on you to provide technical expertise and project engineering as required to support Plant projects and operations. You'll be responsible for the electrical project development, design, procurement, construction, and start-up of various projects. You'll also have a direct impact on safety, reliability, cost reduction, and process improvement at our facility.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assume ownership of electrical aspects of assigned projects for controls engineering related jobs
- Specify electrical equipment, create bills of material, create schematic wiring diagrams, single line diagrams
- Responsible for design of local control panels, PLC panels, motor control panels including VFDs and 3 phase power equipment
- Collaborate with other project team members to assure quality equipment delivery to the customer
- Assist sales engineers with proposals, cost estimates, and documentation
- Support technicians and customers with field issues
- Design of grounding, lighting, power distribution and motor controls system for industrial applications
- Specify and oversee maintenance of electrical power systems
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4 or more years' experience in electrical engineering
- 2 or more years' experience with PLC's, VFD's, and AutoCAD
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Products (Excel- spreadsheet creation, Outlook- email correspondence, Word-document creation, & PowerPoint-presentation creation)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Ability to design, troubleshoot and repair power distribution systems up to 15,000V
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLCs and VFDs – to include programming, commissioning and troubleshooting
- Experience with Siemens PLCs and VFDs – to include programming, commissioning and troubleshooting
- Experience in interpreting and applying NFPA and OSHA requirements pertaining to electrical safe work practices
- Experience with arc flash evaluation software
Why work for Guardian?
Based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Guardian Industries is a diversified, global company with a vision to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 17,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian Glass is a leading international manufacturer of float, value-added coated, and fabricated glass products and solutions for architectural, residential, interior, transportation and technical glass applications. SRG Global is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of advanced, high value coatings on plastics for the automotive and commercial truck industries, providing solutions for greater surface durability, structural integrity, functionality, vehicle efficiency and design flexibility. Guardian Building Products is a leading U.S. based distributor of specialty building products.
·A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
·Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
·Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
·Competitive compensation and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, prescription coverage, STD and optional LTD, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401 (k) with a $1 for $1 match up to 7%.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf