This job posting is no longer active.
Our INVISTA Victoria, TX facility is seeking entrepreneurial, innovative leaders to join the team as an Operator Technician. We are looking for individuals interested in leading transformation and strengthening our competitive advantage in the growing nylon intermediates market. This role will have responsibilities to first and foremost protect the health and safety of our workforce, the community and the environment. You will have the opportunity to assist in advancing our Shift-runs-the-Shift ownership culture to create superior value for our customers. It is an exciting time at INVISTA as we are making significant investments to transform how work is accomplished. Whether we are deploying world leading ADN process technology, utilizing technology to monitor assets including leveraging drones and portable device apps, or optimizing processes, we are focused on urgently transforming.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Operator Technicians are responsible for operating equipment to safely produce chemical products according to specified operating procedures while maintaining environmental compliance and reporting standards. Operator Technicians, with advanced training will also be expected to own and execute different levels of maintenance to the area equipment to ensure reliability. Operator Technicians are assigned to production units and may be required to move from one production unit to another.
A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Individuals that are passionate about eliminating bureaucracy, implementing new tools, and harnessing information to transform how work is done.
- Understands their innate abilities and desire to develop skills and capabilities in their role that allow them to maximize their personal contribution.
- Individuals who feel empowered to make decisions based on their comparative advantage. Where decision rights lie elsewhere, they proactively engage decision-makers so that valuable opportunities to improve are not missed.
- Teamwork is highly valued. The individual seeks best knowledge and proactively shares it to create more value.
- Own their results and challenges traditional ideas so we can outperform the competition.
- Challenges themselves to understand the economics of their units and what they can do to positively influences our market competitiveness
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least one of the following requirements:
- 2 years' experience in a chemical manufacturing or refining plant environment
- Associate Degree or Higher in Process Technology, Electronics/Instrumentation Technology or related field
- Related Vocational certifications (Electrical/Electrician, HVAC, Computer Software/Programming, Mechanical crafts, Environmental, Industrial Hygiene, etc.)
- 2+ years of Industrial / Agricultural experience or equivalent
- Military experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Work a rotating 12-hour shift. Work schedule is subject to change with notification, depending upon business needs. Additionally, must be available to work scheduled (Planned) or unscheduled (unplanned/short-notice hours on nights and/or weekends, holidays as needed), to meet business needs.
- Wear any or all of the following PPE: safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, FRC, acid suits, breathing air, gloves, safety boots, respirators, ACR Flash suits, and encapsulated suits. PPE use is in accordance with the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for a given task.
- Perform basic mechanical tasks as needed such as pulling/installing a valve and making up flanges.
- Lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Work in hot, cold, and inclement climate conditions.
- Work in confined spaces with supplied breathing air and congested areas.
- Climb stairs, ladders, ladders on vessels and columns, ladders associated with scaffolds in excess of 80 feet
What Will Put You Ahead
- SAP Experience
- Previous experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Electrical / Instrumentation experience in a refining or petrochemical facility
- Maintenance mechanic experience in a refining or petrochemical facility
- Served as a member of the emergency response team
- Experience utilizing a variety of technology
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC dentification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.