We are seeking an Inventory Planner with excellent communication and critical thinking skills for GP Containerboard’s internal packaging customers. The Inventory Planner will be the primary contact for multiple facilities, and will manage the weekly order process, maintain designated inventory levels, and provide a high level of proactive customer service. Additionally, the position will analyze data and create reports related to inventory builds, distribution center networks, transportation mode mix, and other supply chain related topics. The Inventory Planner will work in a dynamic team environment and communicate with both internal and external contacts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactively and effectively manage internal customer accounts through the supply chain from order generation to delivery with a focus on meeting the customer needs
- Analyze SKU level pipelines to each plant, adjusting on order quantities as needed based on usage & changes to business
- Maintain a strong customer focus and communicate daily via phone or email with internal and external contacts
- Review mill machine capabilities, schedule orders, communicate and update necessary changes to stakeholders
- Optimize and control inventory levels at both box plants and warehouses (where applicable) with careful analysis of demand and supply
- Act as liaison between plants, mills, sales team, accounting, IT, transportation and leadership
- Form solutions to inventory stock outs, late orders, sliding production schedules, transportation issues
- Communicate with all stakeholders on perceived shortages in SKU’s & work with plants on best possible solutions
- Work with a sense of urgency and a high degree of detail and accuracy to respond quickly to customer needs
- Reconcile external supply invoicing exceptions that may be incorrect
- Managing concurrent priorities with timely follow up and resolutions
- Travel to visit customers, offsite warehouses, and GP production facilities to broad knowledge base and build relationships will be expected (about 5% or less of the time)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel (Must have experience creating and modifying spreadsheets using formulas and ability to analyze data)
- At least 1 year of experience in customer service/sales support or supply chain/logistics
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 2 years of experience in inventory analysis and/or customer service/sales support in a manufacturing business
- Experience with supply chain/logistics in rail and truck transportation
- Experience with an order management system (e.g. Infor, Honeywell, Citrix etc.)
- Knowledge of Excel including PowerPivot, Macros and experience with more complex models
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf