Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is currently looking for a Data Analyst to work with our Data Analytics Team at our Wichita, KS headquarters. The Data Analytics team is a vital component in KES’ strategy to improve business performance through the application of technology and profitably transform our business. Our team functions as a startup entity within our enterprise to develop innovative solutions and build a market for their solutions through transforming KES work processes.
As a member of the Data Analytics team, you will need to thrive in a fast pace and innovative environment. You will collaborate to develop solutions and prove their value through experimentation and scalable deployment in our business. Collaboration, creativity, and focus on attaining positive business results will be necessary skills. Like an employee of a startup, you will need to be resourceful and capable of partnering with market solution providers that can accelerate progress of our business objectives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Partner with the business as it pertains to identifying opportunities to automate manual reporting using modern tools
- Communicate the results of data analysis in written and verbal form to business customers of varying levels
- Rigorously and effectively examine/clean large quantities of data and derive insights from these data sets
- Collaborate across multiple teams to research, architect, engineer and configure complex data analytic solutions to specified requirements in support of business outcomes
- Support end-users with report creation and troubleshooting
- Work closely with business analysts in understanding and translating business requirements into stories, tasks, and subtasks in support of delivering consumable value to our business partners in an Agile manner
- Grow, through influence, a data enablement mindset across the organization and mentor others on how to think about data needs
- The ability to adapt to new problems and successfully operate within an experimentation environment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and ability to work within cross functional teams
- Strong economic thinking skills
- Self-motivation and the persistence to create value through work process transformation
- A positive attitude and the innovative thinking skills to turn the impossible into capability
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience developing large, accessible data sets for business users
- Experience using data in presenting key information needed for business insight and decision making
- Experience aiding in development of analytics and reporting for businesses
- Experience providing expertise in more advanced analytics and delivery of insights
- Experience with visual storytelling
- Experience rapidly developing proof of concepts and testing new ideas, as well as scale these ideas into production ready solutions
What Will Put You Ahead
- Strong ability to create relationships, complex formula writing, leveraging SQL Power BI skills. Tableau or Visualization skill
- Experience developing a data analytics capability within business/finance through power users
- Experience with data manipulation technologies such as Alteryx, Access, or Sql Workbench
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Engineering or Mathematics preferred
- Experience working or leading Agile Teams
- Aid in / build process automation of manual error prone processes
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com