Rotating Equipment Specialist and Vibration Analyst
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is seeking a motivated individual with a strong background in vibration analysis and mechanical maintenance to work with a team in leading transformation in asset health monitoring within the North West. The range of support encompasses our Camas, WA; Toledo, OR; Clatskanie, OR; and Halsey, OR mills. Because of the service range a candidate will need to reside within 4 hours of each facility.
The CSC team partners with operating facilities by providing collaboration and support across multiple disciplines of expertise (Georgia-Pacific and Vendors) to achieve scalable problem solving across manufacturing sites and businesses. The team uses the best available technology with an enterprise-wide approach and will primarily focus on Asset Health, Process Safety, and Process Optimization.
A component of Asset Health we have worked to revolutionize is how Georgia-Pacific approaches vibration monitoring across our sites. This individual will support this effort by providing both onsite and remote vibration and diagnostic support for sites within their scope and helping to create the balance of a centralized vibration program for the company.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support the on-site PDM teams in a flexible manner as unique needs arise.
- Conduct analysis of plant-wide vibration data received through remote monitoring of site assets.
- Establish a communication network with assigned plants and follow up on the above with recommended courses of action.
- Coordinate with regional techs on an as-needed basis to conduct further site analysis.
- Explore alternative technologies such as AR glasses and other vibration capabilities to facilitate further centralization of vibration services.
- Continue to develop a workflow model to be used in all future remote monitoring projects and work with data analytics teams where vibration data is needed.
- Experience utilization of problem solving methods.
- Assist in developing and executing site-wide sensor installations as the need arises.
- The role is home based but on-site expectation between the facilities is up to 80%.
The Experience You Will Bring
- ISO Vibration Level II certification or higher
- 5 or more years of experience working within maintenance or facility operations in an industrial, manufacturing environment
- Experience conducting analysis using SKF/Emerson CSI or equivalent vibration toolsets
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to include manufacturing site personnel, contractors, and corporate entities.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- Electrical/mechanical maintenance experience
- Experience with process data historians such as OSI PI and Wonderware
- Experience with applying mechanical precision maintenance fundamentals
- Experience utilizing Industrial Internet Of Things (IIOT) technologies
- Experience with big data analytics and its growing role in the industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com