Nightshift Overlay Utility Operator I
Nightshift Overlay Utility Operator I
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for an Overlay Utility at our Hosford, FL OSB facility. The Overlay Utility creates value by acting as an entrepreneur performing core responsibilities and identifying additional ways, he/she can leverage their comparative advantage for the benefit of themselves and the company.
The Overlay Utility person will be working the night shift from 5pm-3am but must also be available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as required. The starting wage for this position is $17.50 per hour. This position offers opportunities for advancement as new skills are acquired and as openings occur!
The Hosford facility is located about 27 miles west of Tallahassee, the Capitol of Florida, and a short 30-minute drive to beautiful gulf coast beaches! Looking for nearby outdoor activities? Hosford is close to Lake Talquin Reservoir, the land of fishing, hunting and water sports- located on the Ochlocknee River between Leon County and Gadsden County!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Keep the infeed stocked with units to supply the overlay line and off stacking on the out feed
- Meet production goals, quality metrics and safety and environmental compliance
- Work as a team member to produce overlay boards by increasing efficiency and reliability of the equipment in a safe environment and improving the quality of the product, while helping to prevent downtime events
- Various housekeeping duties including glue, foil role and label changes, as well as blow-down of equipment and area
- Communicate inventory levels for labels, foil, and glue to ensure materials are on order
- Test competence in obtaining a license to operate mobile equipment and the ability to lit 50 lbs. routinely
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of six (6) months’ work experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Minimum of one (1) year experience driving and operating a forklift within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Minimum of two (2) years working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience working in a lumber or wood products environment
- Minimum of one (1) year experience of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf