Koch Technology Solutions (KTS) is the licensing arm of Koch Engineered Solutions. Formerly INVISTA Performance Technologies, KTS offers many innovative technologies developed by INVISTA, one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibres, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications.
The role of Lab Technician will be an integral part of the KTS lab and pilot plant facility based at Wilton, Redcar in the North East of England.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provision of expert experimental support for R&D initiatives and Technical Support activities within the Koch Technology Solutions business.
- Working in such a way that safety is the number one priority. Ensure strict safety procedures and safety checks are followed, raising any safety/compliance concerns immediately.
- Perform laboratory tests, i.e. HPLC, Titration, GC, Particle size, Colour, in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations and pilot plant units.
- Perform calibrations, maintenance and troubleshooting on laboratory equipment.
- Ability to carry out method development on laboratory techniques. Be responsible for the development, validation, and documentation of any new test methods.
- Able to design, build and operate glassware based laboratory experiments for operational process improvements for the laboratory and production environments.
- Continuous self-development to allow increased contributions to programs, including interpretation of data, making recommendations on program direction, defining experimental plans, developing own program proposals, and increasing technical skills relevant to role as technologies change.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Must demonstrate and commit to internalising and applying Koch guiding Principles and MBM® philosophy.
- Awareness of the risks associated with R&D lab work, the safe handling of hazardous chemicals and operating high hazard equipment.
- Experience in writing and adhering to COSHH and Risk Assessments.
- Experience in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting HPLC, GC, Titrators, UV-vis, Particle sizer – laser and sieves, etc.
- The ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems.
- The ability to maintain and calibrate technical equipment.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute work activities to ensure completion of testing requirements.
- Strong team-working skills, patience and an ability to work independently.
- Excellent record-keeping skills, verbal, written, and digital literacy, including the ability to work effectively with Microsoft Excel and Word.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience of operating in a busy lab, exercising good lab practices.
- Some Pilot scale Process Operation would be beneficial.