Lead Financial Analyst (Building Products)
Georgia-Pacific (a Koch Industries company) is seeking experienced candidates with Financial Analysis and Cost Analysis Talent to join our Center Of Excellence team in Building Products! As a valued business partner and Lead Analyst, you will collaborate, lead and advise; providing financial and analytical support for several manufacturing facilities within our Gypsum business and will assist the business with the financial reporting and consolidation process. You will also create value by providing actionable manufacturing analysis, cost analysis and benchmark reporting, as well as project tracking for management.
This role will be remote and will support our manufacturing plants located in Tacoma, WA; Antioch, CA; and Las Vegas, NV. Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products business is one of North America's leading producer of Gypsum products. This opportunity can office from a GP location noted above, or may be performed remotely by a candidate located in in the Pacific or Mountain Time Zone. Travel to GP HQ in Atlanta, GA may be required for training and onboarding. Travel to Atlanta will be in addition to, any inherent travel requirements of the role, which supports multiple locations.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manufacturing Analysis: KPI analysis, cost analysis, benchmark reporting, bet tracking, etc.
- Month end financial reporting, consolidation of reporting and analysis, results and trends, variance analysis, etc.
- Ownership of planning and forecasting activities in support of multiple facilities
- Provide transparent economic evaluations and analytical support, based in economic reality, to decision owners on business proposals for capital investment, major expenses, strategic initiatives, ad hoc operations projects, etc.
- Collaborate with Plant Leadership to identify opportunities; develop and prioritize strategies that drive value creation and advance the current state
- Provide input and recommendations for process improvements by respectfully challenging historical practices
- Proactively build mutually beneficial relationships with others, to better understand and utilize the resources available to the business
The Experience You Will Bring
- Advancing experience in a role(s) with a focus on financial analysis, accounting, cost analysis, variance analysis, economic modeling or related responsibilities
- Understanding of key accounting and financial concepts, cost accounting principles, business drivers and key performance indicators
- Experience working with a large volume of data from multiple sources, performing analysis, developing a point of view and presenting to key stakeholders
- Advanced or higher level MS Excel skills (pivot tables and reporting, working with macros, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including overnight stays
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business
- Manufacturing industry experience (building products a plus)
- Experience with NPV, IRR, ROI and other valuation metrics
- Experience with data analysis/visualization tools beyond Microsoft Excel (i.e. Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau)
- Previous roles with heavy ad hoc analysis requirements
- Process Improvement / Process Transformation / Process Implementation experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf