Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 35,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Office Coordinator – Prosperity Building Products Complex
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Office Coordinator for our Lumber facility in Prosperity, SC. This role will provide administrative support to the site with primary responsibilities dedicated to supporting the plant manager, accounting, safety, and HR Departments.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Supporting the plant manager with daily, weekly, and monthly reporting that tracks different key metrics at the site.
- Supporting the Accounting Department with various administrative responsibilities such as managing and distributing daily mail and security logs, collecting intercompany core transactions and invoices
- Reconciling monthly physical inventory counts and inventory control
- Reconciling P-card allocation system
- Researching and resolving Non-PO Resolution queue in ARIBA
- Participating in the safety, compliance, and internal financial control efforts for the site
- Ensuring proper accounting for daily production data into downstream analytic and financial reporting systems
- Working with site operational personnel to analyze production data and report key metrics as well as identify and investigate potential loss areas within the plant and to resolve imbalances
- Supporting the Safety Department by assisting in records management and data collection of monthly safety training, LOTO, safe work permit records and necessary follow-up
- Records Management – Assisting in converting information electronically for the Safety Department
- Gathering and reporting key performance metrics
- Demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibiting strong organizational skills
- Other miscellaneous office administration duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
·High School Diploma or equivalent
·At least 2 years of office or administrative work
·Prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel (pivot tables, data analysis/manipulation, formula creation), PowerPoint (presentation creation/editing)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Associate degree or higher in Accounting or Business
- Course work or related experience with Microsoft Excel
- Manufacturing accounting environment preferred
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability, responsibility and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers within varying levels of the organization
- Ability to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly
- Proactive/self-driven work habits with demonstrated ability to lead change and improve processes
- Demonstrate strong customer focus, analytical, financial and economic thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills along with a strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work, manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment and work independently
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf