Koch Ag & Energy Solutions is seeking a highly motivated, self-driven, experienced Business Analyst to support the North American Natural Gas business strategy.
This role will be involved in providing timely research of data issues, resolving abnormalities or unexpected behavior, testing prior to system upgrades, and assisting with building expertise among system user teams.
A successful applicant will clearly understand and articulate business activity and key drives to a diverse audience and demonstrate leadership skills necessary to effectively interact with each department reliant on system information. The candidate must have good business acumen and advance system skills to allow them to come up the learning curve quickly, as well as the ability to prioritize and reprioritize as issues arise. They will help drive enhancements / projects to our technology platform to work in a way that is interactive, flexible, and intuitive for the end user community to get the insight required to run a commodity-based business.
The KAES Business Analyst is an IT Professional who will understand the priority of the business and lead projects to improve capabilities, eliminate waste, and capture additional revenue opportunities. The KAES Business Analyst will drive changes for customers to accomplish their key strategies.
The business analyst will work alongside business and information technology resources responsible for the Openlink Endur system functionality (not limited to) and work closely with the business users in various functional user groups and information technology groups to use the system effectively.
In addition to interacting with the broad range of system users within the organization, this role will require ensuring system integrity, analysis around new business, process improvement, and system testing. The ideal candidate will drive solutions which are flexible, user friendly, and match the needs of our ever-growing knowledge base company. This role will also be heavily involved in any future protentional expansion of the Openlink Endur System.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4+ years’ experience in a business analyst, business systems analyst, or process analyst role
- 3+ years’ IT related experience in Energy Industry or in Energy Trading preferably in North American Natural Gas & NGLs
- 2+ years’ experience with Gas related systems such as Endur, ETRM, Logistics, ICE, and Pipeline Bulletin Boards
- 1+ years’ experience writing Business Requirements, Detailed Designs, Functional Specifications
What Will Put You Ahead
- North American Natural Gas & NGLs Industry Experience
- Experience supporting the following Openlink Modules: Trader Desktop, Deal Modeling, Scheduling (gMotion) and/or (cMotion), Position & Pnl Reporting, Scheduling Interfaces (Gas Hub / EBB), and Active Position Management
- Experience with a structured software development methodology such as Agile, Waterfall, etc.
- Familiarity with reporting and analytic tools such as Tableau or Alteryx
- Working knowledge of Deal Modeling, PNL and Position reporting, PNL calculations for linear and non-linear deals, and working knowledge of Parametric VaR
- Experience writing system integration specifications
- Experience interacting with internal customers from front office to back office including familiarity with Front Office, Scheduling, Middle Office, Credit Risk, and Market Risk processes of wholesale, retail, and asset management transactions
- Technical skills including writing SQL and understanding relational database structures
- Experience in transformational change
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf