This job posting is no longer active.
The Scheduling Manager will help create and own the scheduling process for Molex’s largest reliability test lab, coordinating the execution of over 200 test projects each month to ensure efficient and effective operation of the lab. In this role you will have the opportunity to create and manage work assignments, schedule a group of dedicated test technicians, set lab floor priorities based on business needs, and provide project commitment dates to internal and external customers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Creates and owns scheduling for all reliability lab testing activities.
- Provides updates to requestors, as needed, on progress of critical projects. Identifies lab resource conflicts and advises on ways to adjust workload assignments within the lab to resolve such conflicts.
- Keeps released testing projects running on schedule through knowledge of each stage of the lab testing process and effective organization of lab staff, external labs, or other Molex testing facilities.
- Provides insight and creative solutions to improve lab process efficiency using Lean principles such as standard work, value stream mapping, 5S, or other methodologies.
- Establishes schedules and plans that allocate available lab resources to best meet product test schedule commitments and provides alternatives to management when commitments cannot be met.
- Reviews upcoming test schedules to assess current capacity against upcoming demand and provides management with potential solutions when a capacity gap is identified.
- Integrates lab master schedule with both internal and external labs to coordinate availability of equipment and staff as needed on a global basis to meet lab commitment dates.
- Participates in periodic forecasting meetings with product management and other related departments; leads additional planning meetings with lab supervisors, engineers, and managers as needed.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Prior experience with introducing or improving scheduling systems supporting continuous improvement of operations efficiency.
- Proficient with laboratory information management systems.
What Will Put You Ahead
- A bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, business, or a production-related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Experience in component testing labs preferred.
- Professional certification by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) preferred.
- Knowledge of validation testing processes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Thorough understanding of lab processes and test methods.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.