Flint Hills Resources (FHR) is looking for an Instrumentation & Electrical Technician who would be a part of our Pipeline & Terminals Maintenance Team.This individual would office out of our St. Paul Asphalt Plant and will be working with several other key technicians providing support for our Asphalt and Refined Fuels Terminals as well as Crude/Refined Fuels pipelines in the Twin Cities Area.
The role will be responsible for specification, installation, programming, testing and repair of all types of automation, instrumentation, electrical and electronic equipment used in the operation of refined products pipelines, refined product terminals, and asphalt terminals. Equipment includes, but not limited to pumps, motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters, flow computers, programmable logic controllers (PLC) and SCADA systems in the field. Other responsibilities may also include measurements, regulatory equipment inspections, and other duties required for daily pipeline and terminal operations.
A successful candidate will have computer skills, specifically the ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and ability to learn to use proprietary databases, good verbal and written communication skills, and general mechanical and electrical skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Making sound economic decisions, ensure incident prevention, drive predictable execution, achieve competitive results
- Effectively communicate with others, be receptive of both challenge and feedback
- Being able to work independently or as an effective team member
- Understand and develop relationships with customers, both internal and external
- Must follow safety rules and regulations and promote a positive safety culture
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- 2-year technical degree (electrical/instrumentation) OR 3+ years of work experience programming and/or configuring PLC’s, HMI’s, flow computers, and SCADA communication devices
- 1 or more years of work experience working with industrial and electronic equipment that may include (motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters, flow computers, and PLC equipment)
- 1 or more years of experience with electrical troubleshooting, including the ability to understand and interpret electrical and P&ID drawings and schematics ]
- Ability to understand and apply the National Electric Code
- Proven ability to test voltages of 3 phase power up to 480 volts
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Must be available for on-call including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb, and balance; to occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Ability and willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work books, etc. as required)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may include a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5 or more years of work experience programming and/or configuring PLC’s, flow computers, and SCADA communication devices
- 5 or more years of work experience installing and maintaining electrical starters, switch gear, and VFD’s from 480 Vac through 4160 Vac
- Experience working with Schneider Automation PLC and HMI equipment and configuration software
- Experience working with Omni
- Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or Computer Science Degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf