Fire Chief / Emergency Response Leader
The Emergency Response Leader - Fire Chief is responsible for the Pine Bend Emergency Response Organization. As an Emergency Response Leader, you will provide leadership, vison, and direction to ensure the capability exists to safely respond to and control an emergency event while proactively protecting the community, facility personnel and company assets.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Emergency Response Leader will take ownership of Emergency Response Systems and initiatives which include:
- Lead Emergency Response Contract responders and voluntary personnel
- Lead Integration of Emergency Response with the Production Team and Incident Command
- Management and operation of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- Ensure mechanical integrity of Emergency Response equipment is maintained, including firewater system, response apparatus, and firefighting gear.
- Leverage site capabilities and build resiliency in emergency response systems
- Lead fire training program which includes Hazwoper program, conduct drills
- Participation in cross-site fire response initiatives and knowledge sharing
- Emergency Response department cost center and spending plan owner
- Represent FHR as an active member at community emergency response organizations
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Education (GED or HSE)
- At least 5 years of experience in emergency response or emergency response capability.
- Work may be performed outside in all types of weather and the ability to climb ladders, stairways, vessels, towers and pipe racks is required.
- Availability to travel up to 15% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 5 years of refinery or chemical or manufacturing plant work experience
- At least 2 years of industrial firefighting experience
- Incident Command Training qualified with experience in National Incidents Management System (NIMS)
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification and Credentialing rule or "TWIC" and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf