Electrical Controls Engineer
Electrical Controls Engineer
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives!
Guardian Industries is seeking you to become our next Electrical Controls Engineer in Kingsburg, CA! This position is on-site in a manufacturing environment. This position reports to the Engineering and Reliability Manager.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform a full range of project management support and/or project engineering support functions, including participation in planning, managing, coordination, and overseeing transformation projects
- Prepare proposed plans, set milestones, and propose and evaluate schedules.
- Supervise the on-site activities of R&M staff & contractors that are working with you or for you, to assure that the work is being done in full respect of safety rules, timelines, budget, and quality requirements
- Be one of sites SMEs (Subject Matter Expert) regarding control systems and provide technical support to the operations and R&M teams daily as needed
- Demonstrate a proven track record of successfully specifying, contracting, and supervising equipment and systems installation
- Communicate with all levels of an organization via reports, email, verbally, and/or in small/large group or team environment
- Use comprehension reading skills to carry out complex written instructions
The Experience You Will Bring
- Must have greater than 5 years of hands-on experience in a supporting role of controls systems within a continuously operating manufacturing environment, or as a field support engineer focused on remote and hands on troubleshooting and supporting various control systems
- Strong knowledge of PLCs (e.g.: Allan Bradley; Siemens; Honeywell; etc., and their related programming languages.)
- Must be able and willing to provide off hours support to Reliability & Maintenance and plant operations as needed
- Experienced in preparing RFQs for contractors and vendors (Electrical, Mechanical, Controls, etc.) for both support of existing system and purchase and installation of new systems
- Experienced with industrial capital projects and skilled in the designs and installation supervision of electrical & control systems (480V and below).
- Ability to do basic CAD
What Will Put You Ahead
- College Degree in Electrical Engineering or another related technical field preferred
- Knowledge of 15kV Electrical distribution systems; Substations, medium and high voltage; knowledge of how-to safely manage the transferring of electrical distribution without disruption to the plant operations. When an issue within this system occurs, can quickly and safely identify the area of the root issue(s), and then isolate the affected areas to allow the remainder of the plant to restore operations in a timely manner
- Greater than 10 years of controls engineering experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience supporting a Float Glass electrical and/or controls systems
- Experience supporting Large Area Sputter Coating electrical and/or controls systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf