Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Manager. This role will be based out of our Rocky Creek lumber facility in Frisco City, AL. As a part of our Strategic Sourcing & Procurement organization, this role reports to the corporate office in Atlanta, GA with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Plant Manager at Rocky Creek. This position will manage local procurement, storeroom operations, and supervise personnel. The individual must be self-directed, work with a high sense of urgency and possess the ability to solve problems and collaborate with others to meet the needs of Operations. The individual may also be asked to participate on centralized teams, special projects, and other initiatives to support continuous improvement and transformation for our businesses.
This position will have a $5,000 sign-on bonus.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure compliance with all safety, purchasing, fiduciary, stores and environmental policies and procedures.
- Work with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs that align with procurement and business goals to deliver long-term value; demonstrate a high degree of Customer Focus and an ability to effectively influence others
- Foster internal and external relationships through collaboration that build virtuous cycles of mutual benefit
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams at the facility and headquarters to implement initiatives that support business priorities
- Lead and effectively manage change and transformational initiatives
- Lead, supervise, coach, and mentor employees
- Drive value creation through transformation, innovation, and process improvement
- Utilize critical thinking skills to identify, analyze, and execute on opportunities to streamline processes and achieve the lowest total cost of ownership on projects, storeroom inventory, and other purchases
- Sourcing, procuring, negotiating, contracting, and managing inventory of equipment, MRO parts, services, and supplies
- Work with requestors to understand requirements, specifications, and timing; conducting competitive bidding process, including soliciting RFIs/RFPs and robust bid analysis & recommendations
- Manage and work to improve the procure-to-pay process (including invoice reconciliation management) and train internal customers on their roles in these processes as needed
- Optimize working capital and MRO inventory levels while ensuring the needs of the facilities are properly supported
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous procurement experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Inventory or storeroom management experience, including experience with an inventory management computer system
- Experience negotiating with local, regional or national contracts
- Supervisory experience
- Experience using data analytics tools
- Ability to travel up to 30%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in the manufacturing industry
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf