Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Technician
Our Cellulose facility in Perdue Hill, AL is currently seeking an E&I Technician. The E&I Technician will provide planning, procurement, and documentation activities for the enhancement of electrical and instrumentation maintenance within the facility. The person in this role will work closely with Supervisors, Maintenance Planners, and Operations. This role is a vital resource for the manufacturing machinery preventative maintenance program and as such will be needed for on-call rotation for facility emergencies and off shift requirements. It is required to adhere to all safety and compliance guidelines the company sets forth. This position starts at $24.52 hourly or more based on experience/ability.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading cellulose manufacturers. We focus on understanding customer needs and developing product solutions to meet those needs. From new products that allow for the construction of thinner, flexible hygiene cores that provide odorant reduction properties, to dissolving pulp substitutes for the textile, pharmaceutical and food industries. We welcome the challenge to work with our customers and develop innovative cellulose solutions. To learn more about our cellulose division, please visit gppackaging.com/cellulose.
Our E&I Techs work any shift, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed. They also perform work in high and/or confined spaces.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform electrical maintenance tasks relative to the maintenance department’s workload
- Perform preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance work orders
- Monitor equipment and machinery for electrical maintenance deficiencies
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work environment
- Maintaining and troubleshooting PLCs, instrumentation, and controls.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3)years or more of electrical experience in industrial manufacturing or the military OR a two (2) year technical degree with one (1) year or more of electrical experience in industrial manufacturing or the military
- Experience troubleshooting electrical controls, PLC’s, A/C and D/C motors, motor controllers and drives
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience understanding P&ID’s, installing process control equipment, performing instrument calibrations, and repairing control valves
- Experience with low voltage D/C systems, 480V Motor Control Centers (MCCs), 15kV Switchgear, and other electrical related equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel for data entry and document creation
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com