Journeyman Level Industrial Electrican
Journeyman Level Industrial Electrician
Georgia-Pacific’s Cedar Springs, GA facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country. The facility has approximately 500 employees with three paper machines that make different weights of brown paper and containerboard paper. It is located in the southwest corner of Georgia about 25 miles from Dothan, AL, just 1.5 hours from two major capital cities: Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. To learn more about our Packaging Division, visit www.gppackaging.com
Georgia-Pacific Cedar Springs, GA is looking for Journeyman Level Industrial Electrician. These are highly skilled hourly positions requiring experience troubleshooting E&I systems. Successful candidates must be self-motivated and skilled professionals with a working knowledge of industrial electrical systems.
The schedule for this position is from 8:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday; after six months you will be assigned to a shift. The starting pay for this position is $38.13 per hour.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working with operators, mechanics, engineers, and other team members to improve reliability and performance of mill equipment.
- Performing electrical maintenance in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy heavy industrial environment around chemicals, high speed equipment, confined spaces, and high elevations.
- Troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, installing, and maintaining electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in the safety program.
- Helping facility meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals.
- Participating in a preventative maintenance program to ensure machinery uptime.
- Working any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of three (3) years of industrial or military electrical experience.
- Experience working with PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers).
- Experience working with computers for record-keeping and documentation functions.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Experience working with VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives).
- Experience working with medium and high voltage switchgear.
- Experience working with AC/DC motors.
- Experience reading electrical schematics, including single line diagrams and ladder logic.
- Experience working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experience with calibration, loop checking, and maintenance and repair of instrument and pneumatic equipment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Paper mill experience.
- Experience with ABB and/or Allen Bradley drives and PLCs.
- Experience with Honeywell controls and/or DCS (Distributed Control Systems).
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Experience with HVAC systems.
- Graduate of journeyman training program, trade school or technical military training.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf