Supply Chain Optimization Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
The Supply Chain Manager Position is primarily responsible for implementing supply chain solutions that improve complex logistics problems. These solutions will improve existing supply opportunities and focus on continuous improvement activities. This position will work on multiple projects at the same time that will require a strategic focus and will also work with multiple departments, including IT, Production Planning, Management and Quality. This position is both strategic and project oriented, within the Georgia-Pacific Packaging and Cellulose Division.
The position is based in Atlanta with travel up to 25%.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Develop and execute value added supply chain programs and projects that improve an integrated supply chain from production till customer delivery.
- Monitor, measure and execute national and international warehousing and distribution center operations with a clear goal of site operations excellence.
- Implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in distribution and warehousing facilities that ensure that operations are at a high level throughout the system and issues can be identified early.
- Be ready to travel to sites that need care and stabilization efforts and lead these sites to operations proficiency.
- Lead internal Georgia Pacific supply chain operations initiatives including network and freight optimization, distribution center optimization, customer initiatives and emerging new supply chains.
- Responsible for internal communications and presentations related to key performance metrics, program updates and on-going program information.
- Ability to optimize and manage distribution networks and determine the logistics resources required to support the business efforts.
- Analyzes technology and distribution network trends and implements changes in department as appropriate.
- Responsible for logistics operations and support across distribution channels.
- Drives the design, development, implementation and management of logistics solution models including distribution and Sku rationalization.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in supply chain
- Experience with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Project management, quick problem analysis and resolution techniques
- Experience in Six Sigma/Lean Production Environment
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply chain, Engineering, or Operations Management.
- A minimum of two years in warehousing and distribution management and/or operations.
- Multiple experiences with Project Management and Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification and Value Stream Mapping experience.
- Demonstrated experience in independently performing and successfully completing strategic supply chain projects that improved quality, delivery, and costs
- Experience with MS Excel, Data Visualization and Power BI.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.