Senior Project Engineer
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion (JZHC) is a global leader in emissions-control and clean-air combustion systems. We back every product with decades of proven performance, unrivalled research and development capabilities, and expert service and support. Our customers produce the world’s energy, chemicals, and plastics, and eliminate harmful emissions from the air, water, and soil. We help them operate in a cleaner, safer and more economical way.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is looking for a Project Engineer to join the Project Engineering Group. As a key member of the project team, this individual coordinates with Project Management, Process Engineering, Controls Engineering, Design, Manufacturing, Quality, EH&S, and third-party engineering service providers to deliver profitable, high quality projects on-time. This individual is also responsible for specifying/designing system components to meet project objectives in terms of safety, function, sizing, project specification, schedule, and cost. This position will not include any process engineering scope. The successful candidate would be engaged with a cross disciplinary team in an exciting and fast paced environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support the Project Manager as needed to make projects successful
- Specify/design system components to meet project objectives in terms of safety, function, sizing, project specifications, schedule, and cost
- Prepare data sheets and RFQ packages for system components
- Check and approve mechanical project drawings/deliverables
- Check electrical and structural/civil project drawings/deliverables
- Prepare O&M manuals and other project engineering documentation as needed to support the commissioning and AM life of the projects
- Coordinate internal engineering activities between Project Management, Applications, Process Engineering, Design, Controls, Structural/Civil, Manufacturing, and Service/AM to ensure all groups are aligned in terms of safety, function, sizing, project specifications, schedule, and cost
- Coordinate the use of external Mechanical/Structural/Civil engineering services to ensure alignment in terms of safety, function, sizing, project specifications, schedule, and cost
- Identify and communicate opportunities for standardized designs, software tools, templates, and processes to facilitate execution of JZHC products quickly, consistently, competitively, and cost effectively
- Provide feedback and collaborate with Engineering Standards team to improve existing standardized designs, software tools, templates, and processes
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline
- 6+ years Project Engineering experience
- 6+ years’ experience with specifying mechanical components for projects
- Ability to travel up to 20%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master's Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Experience in Project Engineering in the oil and gas industry. Completing projects with scope including, but not limited to, boilers, boiler burners, duct burners, flares, thermal oxidizer, vapor control units, vapor recovery units, etc.
- Experience designing and specifying of mechanical and rotating equipment in the refinery and petrochemical industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf