Flint Hills Resources is seeking a contribution minded Accountant to join our Internal Controls team in Wichita, KS. This position will engage, challenge, and provide fulfillment to a candidate with strong critical thinking skills and economic focus who enjoys collaborating with others, and who seeks to originate ideas that can provide new insights for our business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the procure to pay process and contracting philosophy
- Assess vendor risk and areas of opportunity by applying an economic approach
- Audit vendor invoicing to ensure contractual compliance and work findings to resolution
- Partner with Procurement and Operations to knowledge share vendor performance and promote stronger controls
- Communicate effectively across multiple internal and external customers Identify and drive process improvements/innovations with a control mindset
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive/Self-driven work habits
- Organizational skills and strong sense of urgency
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous audit or accounting experience
- Experience with data analytic tools like Power BI
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf