MANAGER OF LOGISTICS DEVELOPMENT
As the Manager of Logistics Development you will serve each of our Georgia-Pacific businesses (Structural Panels, Lumber and Gypsum) in Building Products.
Georgia-Pacific Building Products Transportation and Logistics offers a unique supply chain opportunity. Our capability procures rates and services needed to manage a transportation spend of $500MM. We support the various businesses within Building Products through procuring transportation capacity and interfacing directly with the sales and manufacturing organizations. This role is responsible for the creation of railcar load diagrams through 3rd party software, management of in-transit issues with railcars related to load shifts as well as identifying opportunities to further optimize railcar and truck shipments. You must ensure adherence to guidelines administered by the Association of American Railroads (AAR). The position reports to the Director of Logistics Services and is considered an integral role focused on supporting both internal and external customers. The logistics organization is responsible for supporting large customers like Lowes, The Home Depot, and building products distributers and consumers across North America.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Creation of railcar loading diagrams
- Management of railcar load shifts, overloaded railcars, etc.
- Reporting optimization performance
- Subject matter expert in railcar load securement material and use
- Experimentation of new loading methods, which requires travel to mills and customers
- Managing the relationship with the 3rd party software provider for load diagramming
- Advancing the 3rd party software beyond current capability to expand to multiple users
- Participating in business projects and procurement initiatives involving load securement
- Maintain load diagraming scorecard / freight savings reporting
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Microsoft office suite- Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Analytical /operational experience supporting supply chain or other transportation industry role(s)
- Experience using Excel applications including pivot tables, formulas and look-ups
What Will Put You Ahead
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge, particularly Pivot Tables and V Lookup
- Experience with analytical tools like Tableau and Alteryx
- Knowledge of / experience with the railroad industry, its processes and terminology and specifically the movement of forest product commodities
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf