Georgia-Pacific is seeking Production Operators in our GP-Rocky Creek Lumber Mill in Mexia, AL. You will learn to operate lumber production equipment on one or more machine centers. The equipment may include automated saws, scanners, bundlers, sorter trimmers as well as associated transfer fork lifts & lumber handling equipment. This position offers opportunities for advancement as new skills are acquired. The starting pay is $16.50/hr and the schedule consists of rotating 12 hour day/night shifts. Higher starting rates may be available depending on experience. If you want to be a part of a team that works safely, produces a quality product, and provides ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Using blowers, brooms, and other equipment to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery running smoothly, reducing safety and fire hazards, maintaining environmental controls, and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Cross-training on production equipment and mobile equipment to provide coverage for vacations, breaks, and absences.
- Working in various areas throughout the mill to help meet or exceed facility and company production and quality goals.
- Assisting team members throughout the mill as needed during the production of lumber.
- Working collaboratively as a team to meet or exceed production and quality goals while keeping waste at minimal levels.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of six (6) months of work experience in an industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, farming, carpentry, construction, landscaping, production, or military environment
- Lifting up to 50 lbs and working in a hot humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment, while working rotating shifts, overtime, holidays, and weekends
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year of previous manufacturing experience
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in lumber or wood products
- Mechanical experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com