Journeyman Millwright, Mechanical
Journeyman Millwright, Mechanical
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our Halsey, OR Mill is looking for a Journeyman Millwright, Mechanical to join their team.
NOW HIRING for Day shift working 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with occasional overtime. Monday thru Friday
This position will pay $37.39/hour
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, and installing equipment in compliance with all plant policies and procedures
- Performing periodic maintenance to identify and correct mechanical defects before they lead to equipment failures and downtime
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Troubleshooting and repairing machinery and mechanical equipment to include but not limited to motors, pneumatic & hydraulic components, conveyor systems, and production line equipment
- Reading diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturers’ specifications for installations
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in safety program
- Helping to meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Journey-level millwright card as recognized by the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries OR a minimum of four (4) years of Journey-level millwright experience *
- 2 years’ experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- 2 years’ experience with fabricating, torch cutting, and arc welding
- 2 years’ experience with reading blueprints and precision measurements
- 2 years’ experience with precision installation and alignment
- 4 years’ experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors, rollers, pulleys, and shafts
What Will Put You Ahead
- Pulp and paper mechanical maintenance experience
- Experience with laser alignment, IR imaging, ultrasonic and other precision maintenance tooling and techniques
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Current or previous welding certification
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf