Candidates should have solid process engineering knowledge. Experience working on front-end engineering designs in organizations performing similar work to KTS (i.e., technology licensing organization or from a process development/optimization unit of owner engineering/operation/R&D) is preferred. Experience only gathered through detailed design execution is unlikely to meet the requirements of the role. It is not essential to have prior experience in PTA, BDO, or any of the other technologies that KTS currently Licenses. What is critical is that candidates have demonstrated their ability to apply chemical engineering principles to solve problems.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Contribute to the development of design packages for license projects and internal KII projects to schedule. (Work scopes are including but not limited to Process Simulation, Mass & Heat Balance, PFD/P&IDs development either from blank or modification, Process Equipment Sizing, PHA support, Process Relief Calculation, etc.).
- Contribute to the development of process technology and improved designs of process plants.
- Support plant start-ups by the provision of technical support and troubleshooting/optimization efforts at Site and/or home office. Assist in the interpretation of plant operating data (including incorporation of inputs from others) into Points of View of underlying performance and recommendations, and proactively present these for wider challenge.
- Proactive identification of process improvement opportunities and presentation of these opportunities for wider challenge.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Aligned with MBM™ Culture (Strong Principled Entrepreneurship™; Willing to challenge status quo and transform/innovate; Acquire, use, and share knowledge; Be a long-life learner and able to demonstrate self-actualization etc.)
- A good Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Personal commitment to Safety, Health and Environment.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) in English and Mandarin.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Pragmatic, results orientated approach.
- Minimum 2~3 years’ experience of working on process design packages in a project environment, such as a licensing organization similar to KTS.
- Capability in process simulation (e.g., with Aspen Plus or similar simulators) and equipment sizing (e.g., using HTRI for tubular heat exchangers etc.).
- Desire to work in a range of process engineering roles that includes process design and commissioning.
- Ambition to develop technical and leadership skills as part of a global business.