FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
This job posting is no longer active.
Service Technician - Houston, TX
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is looking for a Service Technician to join our team to provide technical field services for the steam generation industry. This is a remote position located in Houston, TX.
We are recognized for safety, environmental excellence, innovation, and customer service. This is a great opportunity to be part of a customer-facing support team. Our customers produce the world’s energy, chemicals, and plastics, and eliminate harmful emissions from the air, water, and soil. We help them operate in a cleaner, safer, and more economical way.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Travel to the site and perform maintenance, troubleshooting, tuning, or commissioning work on combustion and/or steam generation equipment
- Normal duties at the site could include modulating the burners through their firing range, while adjusting parameters such as fuel, air, O2 levels, etc.
- Responsible for the installation supervision, troubleshooting and maintenance recommendations to our customers as well as commissioning new combustion equipment and associated steam generation equipment at customer job sites
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working with register burners or boilers, duct burners or HRSG's, or utility burners or boilers for a minimum of 2 years
- Knowledge of PLC’s and PLC logic
- Live within a 50 mile radius of a major airport in Texas
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Able to travel 75% of the time
- Able to work overtime
- 2-year technical degree from an accredited college or equivalent work experience or Military experience
- Knowledge of BMS (Burner Management Systems) and HMI (Human-Machine Interface) programming
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of work experience with register burners, duct burners, or utility burners
- 2+ years of experience working on Allen Bradley PLC's, in the combustion or steam generation industries
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.