This job posting is no longer active.
Flint Hills Resources in Corpus Christi, TX is seeking qualified candidates to consider for an Instrumentation Technician. The Instrumentation Technician is responsible for performing maintenance, troubleshooting, testing, installing, calibrating, and repairing process control instrumentation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for daily instrumentation work activities in assigned areas
- Remain current with assigned area work order request backlog
- Perform reliable instrument maintenance and repair (self-planned and scheduled)
- Suggest and develop PM and repair optimization ideas
- Maintain shop documentation
- Perform Instrument Mechanical Integrity testing and documentation
- Perform Instrument turnaround maintenance activities (ID potential scope items, enter t/a work orders, lead work crews for scope as assigned, and perform instrument scope work)
- Identify training needs and take a lead role in obtaining training approved on PDS plan developed with Instrument Reliability Coordinator
- Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis on reactive instrument failures
- Perform incidental maintenance activities through the self-planning process
- Participate on afterhours, on-call or rotation schedule
Physical demands of position include: climbing minimum of 75 feet, carrying up to 100 pounds, pushing and pulling force in excess of 50 pounds, working is high places, working in confined spaces, and working in various outdoor weather conditions
The Experience You Will Bring
- One of the following:
- Minimum 5 years maintenance experience as an instrumentation technician in a refining, chemical, or power plant.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as instrumentation technician AND an Associate of Applied Science in Instrumentation.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Mechanical skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate of Applied Science in Instrumentation
- Mechanical experience in an industrial environment
- Eight (8) or more years of instrumentation experience in a refinery or plant
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC dentification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period
Flint Hills Resources is an independent refining and chemicals company. The company has expanded its operations through capital projects and acquisitions worth more than $6.2 billion since 2002. Its refineries and ethanol plants produce fuels that power much of Texas, the Midwest and the Alaska interior. Its petrochemicals are used to manufacture goods such as plastics, building products and packaging materials. Its asphalt is used in communities across the Midwest and Alaska. The base oils it markets are the principle raw material used to produce premium motor oil, commercial lubricants and sealants and coatings.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.