Process Transformation Leader
We are seeking a Process Transformation Leader at our Orange, TX plant to join our team. In the role, you'll be responsible for leadership and direct supervision of a team of Console Operators in the ADN and HPU Operating Areas to meet Safety, Environmental, Production, and Plant Operating Cost goals. The primary focus of this role is to enable capability development in the control room and own the control room transformation. This role will be a member of the Orange Shift Production Area Team (Shift PAT.)
What You Will Do In Your Role
Culture Development and Vision:
- Accountable for cultural development of Console Operations Team members to further the understanding and practice of MBM®.
- Articulate and drive the Operations Vision, creating a shared vision environment, and a culture of Principled Entrepreneurs with a contribution mindset.
- Transform Console Operations Team to drive the Operations Vision, understanding innate abilities of the team, enhancing Self-Actualization of team members, address talent opportunities.
- Provide employees on-going coaching and focused development that facilitates personal transformation.
- Motivate, influence, and drive good business decisions forward while working with a diverse workforce.
- Champion of the Control Room transformation, accountable for results regarding the transformation for respective Console Operations Team.
- Enables team to accelerate transformation through creative destruction, embracing new technologies, and driving innovation.
- Select, develop, and retain the right people with the right values, beliefs, knowledge, and skills to optimize value creation from the Console Operations Team.
Process Safety & EHS Performance:
- Ensure the safe, reliable, and environmentally sound operation of the Orange, TX manufacturing site.
- Manage regulatory compliance, environmental, health, and safety standards of the Operating Units.
- Responsible for Incident Investigation Process (Enablon), RCA quality, and Corrective Actions to improve EH&S / Reliability of Assets.
- Develops and shares EHS metrics for the shift team, expands the team’s knowledge and capability in the Enablon System, accountable for incidents being entered timely and zero overdue investigations or action plans among Console team members.
- Mentor & Coach for the Console Operations team around Compliance Systems, PSM Elements, and EHS Requirements.
- Responsible for managing risk in alignment with the site’s Risk Management Procedures and Process. Assigned Console Operations Team identifies risk, and an appropriate management plan is developed, communicated, and approved if operation is continued.
Control Room Transformation:
- Develop control room capabilities to run, maintain, optimize, improve our production units through advanced automation, APC, State Based Controls, and emerging technologies.
- Accountable for the shift team to adopt and create value from anomaly detection and predictive data analytic tools, such as Asset 360, Seeq, OSI PI, and other emerging technologies.
- Integrate process control management and asset performance monitoring / diagnostics to control room operations.
- Drive variable cost knowledge and cost of manufacturing reductions, leveraging new technologies and capability development.
- Partner with key customers for the Operating Training Simulator, deploying simulator and building capabilities of the shift team.
Production Performance, Reliability, and Operating Cost
- Accountable for the Console Operations team performance metrics: Personnel/Process Safety, Environmental, Production, Product Quality, Reliable Operations, QPU’s/Cost of Manufacturing.
- Develops team members and helps them understand the economics of their units and how that impacts our market competitiveness. They recognize all types of resources consumed and are focused on using fewer of them.
- Leads the Console Operations team to achieve site BETs by driving innovation, acting as principled entrepreneurs, and prioritizing and completing playbook initiatives.
- Provide team members with work assignments, training, feedback, coaching, support, and development opportunities.
- Accountable for the Console Operations Team’s contributions towards achieving site BETs in Plant Operating Cost, Volume, and Yield improvements through leveraging capabilities of assigned team.
- Effectively communicate progress, plans, and issues with site and offsite leadership.
- Quickly assess operating gaps and take corrective action.
- Use benchmarking and best practices to drive value creation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Candidate must be physically able to climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to work in outdoor conditions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Accessing elevated platforms by ladder (includes egress), accessing multiple floors of open structures by stairway (includes egress
- Operating company vehicles
- Donning Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, FRC/Nomex, gloves, and safety boots
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
- Expect a Medium flexibility schedule with flexible work hours/times that are aligned on by the Operations Managers and Asset Coordinators on other shifts.
- Able to work a 12-hour rotating shift or day shift as business needs dictate during certain time periods or events
- Commitment of time off between shift sets- expectation is to consistently have scheduled time
- Shared responsibility among (4) Asset Coordinators
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Engineering, Industrial, etc.) and 3+ years of supervisor experience in a manufacturing or petrochemical facility
7 years of experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing or petrochemical facility
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience troubleshooting equipment issues and facilitating RCA, Cause Mapping, and Failure Mode Cause Analysis
- DCS, Process engineering or Control Room Operations experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com