Manager - Global Freight Forwarding
This job posting is no longer active.
We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial-minded person to join our Supply Chain Operations team as Manager – Global Freight Forwarding supporting the Packaging and Cellulose Segment at our headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, or remote for the right candidate. This role will report to the Director, Marine Logistics. In this highly visible role, you will collaborate closely with the global ocean operations teams and global customer service teams. You will manage all aspects of our freight forwarding export process for GP to deliver exceptional service to our internal and external partners. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing our go to market forwarding strategy. A critical element to this position is developing and maintaining strong vendor & customer relationships.
This position will require travel up to 20-40% (domestic and international).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Sets and leads execution and freight forwarding strategy aligned to volume and revenue growth expectations in all global export trades - actively manages and adjusts short and long-term plans as necessary
- Utilizes analytics to drive improved business decision making, efficiency, and profitability
- Engages in the process and adjusts business processes, strategy, and resources accordingly to deliver exceptional service to commercial teams and customers
- Drives efficiencies in service through partner collaboration with a focus on maximizing operational and technological efficiencies/enhancements within the FF network
- Designs, implements, and reviews team structures to anticipate growth, create scalability and growth, including role definition and resource and headcount alignment.
- Develops strong knowledge of industry trends and market drivers and acts as a subject matter expert in communicating with various internal stakeholders
- Engages with the ocean carriers and internal global teams to meet service expectations
- Partners with functional leadership across various service lines and regions to develop and implement execution strategies
- Strong understanding of the digital marketplace
- Manages the performance and development of direct and indirect reports through both formal and informal performance management, coaching and feedback, mentoring and training and developmental tools
- Develops and maintains external relationships representing GP to develop network partners leading to long term sustained service to our global customers
- Responsible for reviewing and communicating quarterly forwarding services results
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three years or more of direct freight forwarding experience with a global NVOCC
- Bachelor’s degree
Demonstrated success in managing complex programs related to cost reduction and marginal economics
People management experience
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to build internal and external relationships
- Export market knowledge
- Experience presenting to both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated track record of leading strategic initiatives and creating business processes
- Familiarity with the benefits technology can bring to pricing and commercial opportunities
- Track record of working cross functions including sales, customer service, technology, manufacturing, compliance, planning, supply chain, and operations
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.